- In 2001, Zidane signed with Spanish club Real Madrid for a world-record transfer fee of more than $66 million. The investment paid immediate dividends as the French import helped Real Madrid win the coveted UEFA Champions League title in his first year and a La Liga title the following one.
- Zinedine Zidane is known as “Zizou”, since Rolland Courbis, one of his coaches at his former club Bordeaux, shortened his name, a common practice in France.
- On May 15, 2002, he scored the goal which is regarded as the best in the history of the Champions League. That goal gave Real Madrid its ninth Champions League title (the game ended 2-1, Real Madrid over Bayer Leverkusen).
- Zinedine Zidane said a while ago when he signed for Juventus, that when he was a kid his two favorite teams were Juventus in Italy and Barcelona in Spain.
- Zidane has said in interviews that desire is not enough, but a need to play intensely each day, and to fight every match as hard as possible. This was something he learned growing up.
- He left Juventus in 2001 to jiun Real Madrid for whom he played till his retirement in 2006.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!