- Frank Mars, founder of Mars, Inc invented the Snickers bar in 1930.
- The candy bar is named after one of Frank Mars’ favorite horses, Snickers.
- When it was first sold in 1930, a Snickers bar was only five cents.
- Snickers are sold in more than 70 countries and annual global sales total more than $2 billion, making it the best-selling candy bar in the world.
- During the first Gulf War in 1991, every U.S. soldier was sent a frozen Snickers bar as a Thanksgiving treat.
- Peanuts are one of the star ingredients in a Snickers bar, and each bar contains about 16 peanuts. About 100 tons of peanuts go into making the 15 million Snickers bars that are produced every day.
- A Snickers bar wasn’t always a single bar. For a short time between 1933 and 1935, it was sold as a two-piece bar and called “Double Snickers.”
- When the movie Shrek the Third was released in theaters in 2007, Mars, Inc. introduced a limited-edition Snickers bar that had a green-colored nougat layer.
- Snickers was the official snack-food sponsor of the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!