- It was was the world’s tallest building for 11 months before it was surpassed by the Empire State Building in 1931.
- The Chrysler Building was designed by architect William Van Alen for a project of Walter P. Chrysler.
- Construction commenced on September 19, 1928. At that time there was an intense competition in New York City to build the world’s tallest skyscraper.
- The Chrysler Building is still the tallest brick building in the world.
- The building was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1976, and a New York City Landmark in 1978.
- The Chrysler Building has been shown in several movies that take place in New York.
- The lobby of the Chrysler Building contains the world’s very first digital clock.
- The building was constructed as the headquarters of the Chrysler Corporation, which it did maintain from 1930 till mid-1950s.
- Construction began on September 19, 1928 and was completed by May 28, 1930.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!