- In the U.S., more women than men are tattooed (23% vs. 19%), according to a 2012 survey.
- The Latin word for “tattoo” is stigma.
- Americans spend approximately $1.65 billion on tattoos annually.
- A tattoo machine has four parts: 1) the needle, 2) the tube that holds the ink, 3) an electric motor, and 4) a foot pedal to control the movement (like a sewing machine pedal).
- After the Lindbergh baby was kidnapped in 1932, many worried parents had their children tattooed.
- Women are twice as likely to get their tattoos removed than men.
- The most tattooed man in the world is Gregory Paul McLaren (1971), also known as Lucky Diamond Rich. He is 100% tattooed, including the inside of his foreskin, mouth, and ears.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!