- His Full name is Lionel Andrés “Leo” Messi Cuccittini.
- Messi began his career as a left-winger and forward or as a left-sided forward. Later he was moved by his former Barcelona manager Frank Rijkaard to right wing .
- He started to play soccer for a team his father coached when he was five but later in 1995 he switched to Newell’s Old Boys who were based in his home town , Rosario.
- At 11, he was diagnosed with a growth hormone deficiency which was stopping his normal growth rate. His parents could not afford his treatment, which was 900 USD per month.
- Barcelona sporting director Carles Rexach was so impressed with Messi’s skills with the ball, that he offered to pay his medical bills and move his family to Spain and sign him when he was just 13. He first signed on a paper napkin as there were no sheets available at that moment
Messi is a Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF. He also works in support of people suffering from Fragile X Syndrome which is a kind of autism.
Whenever he scores a goal, his simple celebration of raising his arms in the air is a gesture of gratitude to his grandmother who passed away when he was 10
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!