- He was good friends with artist Pablo Picasso.
- He ran a small art school called Academie Matisse in Paris between 1908 and 1911.
- Some of his paintings have sold for over $20 million.
- Matisse studied and trained to become a lawyer. He graduated from law school in Paris and worked as a clerk in a law office in 1889.
- In 1889, at the age of 21, Matisse suffered from an acute appendicitis that would actually lead him to discover his passion for creating art.
- Matisse’s styles changed vastly at the beginning of his career after encounters with very famous artists.
- Matisse was in a wheel chair during his later years; which resulted in him creating some of his most well-known cut-out pieces.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!