- The earliest forms of such pyrotechnics can be traced to around 2,000 years ago in China. During the Han Dynasty in 200 B.C.
- In 1377 fireworks accompanied a religious mystery play by the bishop’s palace in Vicenza.
- The first recorded fireworks in England were at the wedding of King Henry VII to Elizabeth of York in 1486.
- Fireworks become popular in the United States during the 19th century, initially as a way of celebrating Independence Day on July 4th.
- China is the largest manufacturer and exporter of fireworks in the world. 90% of all fireworks originate from here.
- France uses fireworks to celebrate Bastille Day and celebrate storming the prison of Bastille.
- At first fireworks were only orange and white. In the Middle Ages new colours were achieved by adding different salts. The hardest colour to create is blue.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!