- Cleopatra could speak at least seven languages including Greek and Egyptian.
- she ruled over ancient Egypt as a co-regent, with her father, brothers and their son for nearly three decades.
- She had a romantic and both political relationship with the Roman leaders Julius Cesar and Mark Antony.
- Cleopatra was only twenty one years old when she became lover of Caeser who was fifty two years old.
- In 47 B.C. Cleopatra bore Caesar a son, whom she named Caesarion, but Caesar never acknowledge the child.
- The name “Cleopatra” derives from ancient Greek meaning: “she who comes from glorious father” or “glory of the father”.
- Marc Anthony married Cleopatra even though he was already married to Ocatavia Minor.
- Cleopatra’s and Caesar’s son, Caesarion was proclaimed ruler of Egypt after Alexandria had fallen to Octavian, but he was shortly after captured and killed.
- The tomb of Antony and Cleopatra remains a mystery even though it is believed to be somewhere near Alexandria, Egypt.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!