- Indiana created his first LOVE for personal Christmas cards in 1964.
- In 1966, Indiana held the LOVE Show at the Stable Gallery, which boasted paintings, drawings, and small sculptures that all played up on the word and its rendering in the bestselling card.
- It was put on an eight-cent US Postal Service postage stamp in 1973, the first of their regular series of “love stamps.”
- Sculptures can be found in major cities like Philadelphia, New York, New Orleans, Vancouver, Lisbon, Tokyo, and Singapore.
- When LOVE took off, he began a personal campaign to be pictured with his pieces to remind the public of the man behind them.
- LOVE has been translated into several languages.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!